Hello from Edinburgh

Information for new members.
adt175

Hello from Edinburgh

Postby adt175 » 16 Jan 2007, 21:25

Hello everyone!
My name's Andy Tennant and you can blame Brian Wright for me pitching up here!
I'm over in Edinburgh, very nearly but not quite 40, married, two wee boys, and I've been dabbling in astronomy for a few years now.
I've had a variety of scopes but I've finally settled for an STF Mirage 180 Mak, PST (Brian's fault), HEQ5 Pro, and more barlow lenses than you can shake a stick at. My main interest is Solar System imaging as I've finally realised that I can't see DSOs and imaging is way beyond me. But never say never I suppose.... :roll:
Brian mentioned there was a meeting on the 5th so I'll maybe try and come along - that is if you let people from sarf of the river into you manor.
Cheers
Andy

Click to see full size image

Click to see full size image

Solar B

Postby Solar B » 16 Jan 2007, 23:15

Andy
im sure everyone on the forum wishes you a warm welcome , being used to these on-line forums and a senior member of UKAI you,ll feel right at home here ,
also the fact that you are an experienced imager, you,ll be in demand and a few people will want to pick your brains ( including me) brian

pbholmes

Postby pbholmes » 17 Jan 2007, 21:21

Hi Andy,

In spite of your location, we would be delighted to have you on board.
I used to live in Embra myself, so I'm not prejudiced.:D
Consider yourself an honorary West Fifer, along with Emma, who lives in East Sussex.

Nice pics, much better than my best efforts so far, but my scope is badly in need of collimation.
What did you use to mosaic the moon pics?

Paul.

Solar B

Postby Solar B » 17 Jan 2007, 23:54

Andy a couple of things i forgot to mention for the next meeting, was dont forget to bring your passport with you and enough for the first round :lol:
brian

bhenderson50

Postby bhenderson50 » 18 Jan 2007, 17:47

Hi Andy,
welcome to the new club. I liked your images that you posted. Look forward to meeting you and discussing your imaging experiences.
BobH
bobh

adt175

Postby adt175 » 18 Jan 2007, 18:43

pbholmes wrote:Hi Andy,

In spite of your location, we would be delighted to have you on board.
I used to live in Embra myself, so I'm not prejudiced.:D
Consider yourself an honorary West Fifer, along with Emma, who lives in East Sussex.

Nice pics, much better than my best efforts so far, but my scope is badly in need of collimation.
What did you use to mosaic the moon pics?

Paul.

adt175

Postby adt175 » 18 Jan 2007, 18:45

Right, screwed up that last post.....

Thanks for your welcome everyone - hope to see you all soon.

Paul: I used software called Panorama Maker that came with my digi camera.

Cheers

Andy

seabay

Passports!

Postby seabay » 18 Jan 2007, 19:28

If Andy has to bring a passport to meetings, does that mean I have to get a visa when I visit?? Or does being 50% Aberdonian let me off the hook?? :lol:
Emma H

Solar B

Postby Solar B » 19 Jan 2007, 00:13

Emma definately no passport or visa required for you to come to a meeting , infact i will make sure theres a red carpet down first .
brian

seabay

Postby seabay » 19 Jan 2007, 19:25

That's so nice - I may even wear my Famous Eclipse Hat (hope the Bronze Medal-winning Saros 139 polo shirt is still being worn!) :D
Emma H

Return to “New members”