Solar Observing Dunfermline High School

Discuss the nature of the Universe and the things in it.
Cosmic

Postby Cosmic » 06 Jun 2009, 10:39

Paul I have a portable generator but it's lain in the shed for couple of years and I can't get it started
if anyone in the club is mechanically minded and could have a go at starting it that woulkd be great.
Cosmic
Meade 8inch  SCT. Observatory mounted on an HEQ5 Pro using EQMOD Canon 1000D modified DSLR,200mm Dobsonian, 200mm Celestron C8, 15x70 Astro Binoculars. 2x Mintron ccd cameras, lots of other stuff.

Cosmic

Postby Cosmic » 19 Jun 2009, 11:59

Hi All

I have just had confirmation from DHS Rector B. Blanchflower that he will welcome visitors to the Solar Event. So please tell all your friends if they wish to come along they are welcome to. We have exclusive use of the Astro Turf enclosure for the day so we will be fenced in and all equipment will be in a safe environment. We will be recieving pupils from DHS starting at 10:10 and last class at 15:15. During the morning we will also be receiving pupils from SLPS during the morning so it will be a busy morning.
I am still looking for volunteers to help out on the day so if you can help please call me 01383 432296 (Cosmic PCs) and I will find you something to do :)

Come on! let's make it a great day!

Cosmic
Meade 8inch  SCT. Observatory mounted on an HEQ5 Pro using EQMOD Canon 1000D modified DSLR,200mm Dobsonian, 200mm Celestron C8, 15x70 Astro Binoculars. 2x Mintron ccd cameras, lots of other stuff.

bhenderson50

solar observing at Dunfermline HS

Postby bhenderson50 » 19 Jun 2009, 14:23

just a reminder, as I said at the Gala, I have a hospital appointment at 10.20 on Monday morning, so it is impossible for me to predict how long I will be. I hope to be able to make it at some point of the day. Good luck with the exercise.
I have not yet had a reply from the head teacher at Inverkeithing.
Bob
bobh

Cosmic

Postby Cosmic » 22 Jun 2009, 20:28

Well, what a day!
A really great effort from ecryone concerned manage to salvage a greta day from an horrendous start to the day.

I am so glad we persevered with the weather, in the end it justified our faith. The afternoon was much better and we managed to let the kids see the Solar disc.
We had an enthusiastic response from The High School students and the kids from St Leonards who just happened to come alomng when the Press arrived.
Many thanks to Paul, Iain, Solar Brian and Makbule. Thanks  also to Pete and Andy for the loan of the solar scopes.
I have a couple of pics I will post on dasoc web site.
Regards
Cosmic

Alderney99

Postby Alderney99 » 23 Jun 2009, 17:50

Today's Courier (Tuesday 23rd June) has the big St Leonards school group photo (on Page 4), and a just about 100% accurate write up with it.

So Well Done to the Courier for the very prompt service!

Ironically, throughout all of today there hasn't been a cloud in the sky over the Bay and its been scorching hot!

Return to “General Astronomy”