Everything seems dead in here

Discuss the nature of the Universe and the things in it.
Cosmic

Everything seems dead in here

Postby Cosmic » 29 May 2009, 13:53

It would appear that the forum is getting a bit stagnant at the moment.
Is nobody doing any observing? It all gets a bit disheartning at times to look here day after day and see nothing new posted.
So come on guys 'n' gals, get posting.

On another note I am building an observatory this Sunday. Nothing too elaborate 6ftx6ft with a fold over roof and drop down flap at the front.
As my garden is South facing it will give me a superb view from East through to South and on to the West. All the sky eventually rotates my way anyway so I don't anticipate any problems there. It will cut out the street lights on all fronts and should make my observing much more pleasant. It will of course afford a permanent home for my 12" scope and save it from constant carrying in and out of the house. I will also set up a computer inside and a Coffee Maker!!!. I will also be able to set up a wide field refractor and dabble in some Astrophotography. Hmmm Can't wait.

I will let you know how it all progresses and post pics when completed.

bye for now

Cosmic
Meade 8inch  SCT. Observatory mounted on an HEQ5 Pro using EQMOD Canon 1000D modified DSLR,200mm Dobsonian, 200mm Celestron C8, 15x70 Astro Binoculars. 2x Mintron ccd cameras, lots of other stuff.

bwh

Postby bwh » 02 Jun 2009, 19:36

more a case of summer , sun and other persuits at present so like the planets and moon club wanes for a 2 month stretch...

no real issue as means by August everyone raring to go again and keep the winter nights full of interest.....

i have started solar observing, by projection.......
bwh

Meade 8inch (228mm) LX5 Smidt-Cassegrain fl=2000
Skywatcher 5inch (120mm) Refractor fl=1000m
Meade DSI Pro
Canon 300D
Toucam Pro II 840k

Cosmic

Solar Observing

Postby Cosmic » 03 Jun 2009, 10:29

Hi BW

Yes while I understand summer booze birds   :shock:  etc. We should all make an effort to keep the forum going. I don't accept that for 2 months we should be dead in the water, it takes 2 mins to post something, anything.

So what success are you having with Solar Projection, what equipment are you using? how easy is it? is it worthwhile? please post your thoughts on these points. :?:

keep up the good work
Cosmic
Meade 8inch  SCT. Observatory mounted on an HEQ5 Pro using EQMOD Canon 1000D modified DSLR,200mm Dobsonian, 200mm Celestron C8, 15x70 Astro Binoculars. 2x Mintron ccd cameras, lots of other stuff.

Return to “General Astronomy”