Meeting of 17 June 2008

News about Dalgety Bay Astronomy Club.
Cosmic

Meeting of 17 June 2008

Postby Cosmic » 18 Jun 2008, 09:57

What a great start to my membership of this club and what a fascinating meeting. The talk on the Solar System was most enjoyable and my kids loved it!

I really enjoyed meeting the membership and I promise to circulate a bit more at the next meet. This club has great potential and could grow into something special. I guess what I'm trying to say is, if you are looking at this post and are not a member of DB Astro, then join.

I am looking forward to the next meeting and also to any star parties anyone cares to organise (hint Hint). If anyone is up for a spot of late night summer observing just let me know let's see what can be organised.

I'm keen to hone my Astrophotgraphy skills so any help appreciated.

Anyway that's all from me and thank you for making me and my family so welcome.

Regards
Cosmic Geoff  8)
Meade 8inch  SCT. Observatory mounted on an HEQ5 Pro using EQMOD Canon 1000D modified DSLR,200mm Dobsonian, 200mm Celestron C8, 15x70 Astro Binoculars. 2x Mintron ccd cameras, lots of other stuff.

cazza

Postby cazza » 22 Jun 2008, 11:13

Hi Cosmic Geoff, glad you and your family enjoyed the meeting.  I agree the talk by Graham Young (Dundee College) was especially interesting and it was great to see so many members come along. :)  

Can you pass on my thanks to your wife for organising the tea/coffee and biscuits and for her generous offer to do this at each meeting.  Any time you can't manage just let me know and we can organise cover.

The Committee meet roughy once a month (our next meeting is on 24 June) and we will be discussing future events so I will raise your interest
in a star party.

Re your Atrophotography, we have a few members (bhenderson50 and adt175) both of whom have a keen interest in astrophotography and have taken some terrific images which they have posted on the site, or have given links to where they can be found.

Bob (bhenderson50) gave a talk to the members on this a few months back about taking images using a webcam and telescope and using Registax to process the images.  You could send Bob a pm or catch him at the July meeting.

Regards.

Donald

17 July Meeting

Postby Donald » 09 Jul 2008, 11:41

Hi!  Just joined at the above meeting . Thought I'd say hello. Not too au fait with these posting thingies so excuse me if I make a mess of it, Donald. :) [/list]

Cosmic

meeting June 17th

Postby Cosmic » 10 Jul 2008, 00:19

Hi Donald
Welcome to the forums. It wasn't so hard now was it.
Will see you on the 15th if you are going.
regards
Cosmic (Geoff)
Meade 8inch  SCT. Observatory mounted on an HEQ5 Pro using EQMOD Canon 1000D modified DSLR,200mm Dobsonian, 200mm Celestron C8, 15x70 Astro Binoculars. 2x Mintron ccd cameras, lots of other stuff.

Return to “Club News”