Volunteers wanted for Club Meetings

News about Dalgety Bay Astronomy Club.
cazza

Volunteers wanted for Club Meetings

Postby cazza » 06 Apr 2008, 18:27

Hi all,

The Club Committee hope to have guest speakers come along to our Club meetings however, following the very popular Club members talks at recent meetings we are asking if anyone else would like to volunteer. In addition, we would like to provide Tea/Coffee (and biscuits!) at each meeting and again need volunteers.  

We need volunteers for:

· Tea/Coffee – kettle & mugs provided but tea/coffee, milk, sugar and biscuits required
·Short Demonstration or Talk
·Main Talk
·Constellation of the Month (someone chooses a constellation and gives a short talk lasting approx 15 minutes at the meeting. You could talk about the stars in the constellation, it’s boundary, the origin etc)

At the last Club meeting on 18 March we asked for volunteers for forthcoming meetings for each of the above, however, we still have spaces left to fill - see below:

Meeting on Tuesday 15/04/08 - need Constellation of the Month volunteer

Meeting on 20/05/08 – need Short Demo or Talk, Main Talk and Constellation of the Month volunteers

Meeting on 17/06/08 – need Tea/Coffee & Constellation of the Month volunteers (we hopefully will have guest speaker booked for this date)

Meeting on 15/07/08 – need Tea/Coffee & Constellation of the Month volunteers (we hopefully will have guest speaker booked for this date)

Meeting on 19/08/08 – need Tea/Coffee, Short Demo or Talk, Main Talk and Constellation of the Month volunteers

September (Date to be confirmed) - need Tea/Coffee, Short Demo or Talk, Main Talk volunteers

October (Date to be confirmed) - need Tea/Coffee, Short Demo or Talk, Main Talk and Constellation of the Month volunteers

November (Date to be confirmed) - need Tea/Coffee, Short Demo or Talk, Main Talk and Constellation of the Month volunteers

December (Date to be confirmed) - need Tea/Coffee, Short Demo or Talk, Main Talk and Constellation of the Month volunteers

We will continue to ask for volunteers at the meetings however if you would like to put your name forward for anything just now please send me a message indicating what you would like to volunteer for and when.

Look forward to hearing from you and seeing you all at the next meeting on 15 April when jholmes007 is demonstrating his fabulous SkyScout (this really is a great piece of equipment to help you find your way around the sky) and pbholmes will be providing us with a fascinating talk on Titan.  

Thanks in advance for your help.

cazza (Caroline Thomson – Club Secretary)

Cosmic

Meeting 17Th June 2008 tea-coffee

Postby Cosmic » 13 Jun 2008, 11:22

Hi This is Cosmic a new member to the forums and hopefully soon a new member of the club. I have posted my form for family membership and a cheque. I would like to volunteer to provide Tea /Coffee and biscuits if this is in order for the next meeting. Just let me know how much you need.
regards
Cosmic (Geoff)
Meade 8inch  SCT. Observatory mounted on an HEQ5 Pro using EQMOD Canon 1000D modified DSLR,200mm Dobsonian, 200mm Celestron C8, 15x70 Astro Binoculars. 2x Mintron ccd cameras, lots of other stuff.

cazza

Postby cazza » 14 Jun 2008, 17:49

Hi Geoff - it was good meeting you today at the Gala, it's good to have you on board.

Re the Tea/Coffee as discussed today if you can bring along coffee, milk, sugar etc that would be great and if you have any spare mugs can you bring them as well.

I will bring the storage box with the rest of the mugs etc with me on Tuesday and look forward to seeing you again then :D

Caroline

Cosmic

re Meeting

Postby Cosmic » 14 Jun 2008, 21:15

Hi Caroline

Likewise nice to meet you and all at the stall. The wife has got some new mugs we will donate to the club.
I enjoyed the cakes  :wink:

Looking forward to the meeting.
Regards
Cosmic
Meade 8inch  SCT. Observatory mounted on an HEQ5 Pro using EQMOD Canon 1000D modified DSLR,200mm Dobsonian, 200mm Celestron C8, 15x70 Astro Binoculars. 2x Mintron ccd cameras, lots of other stuff.

Return to “Club News”