Fairmont Stargazing Live Event

Past and future meetings and observing sessions.
Solar B

Fairmont Stargazing Live Event

Postby Solar B » 12 Jan 2013, 13:48

Hi Folks

I would like to take the opportunity to say thanks / congratulate all who made this
event happen over the 3 evenings this week , very well done all 8) .
I only attended one evening but can report that it was a great success :P .
So a big up to you all ESP those whom attended all 3 evenings , your a credit to the club :) .
I think a special note of thanks is due to Geoff for working so tirelessly and making the whole event happen :shock: .
Hope to see all again soon.

Cheers ..... B
" Gentlemen only ever use Refractors "

Darren Henderson

Re: Fairmont Stargazing Live Event

Postby Darren Henderson » 12 Jan 2013, 20:50

I would like to thank Geoff for organising the Stargazing Live event which was a great success.
Thanks must also go to Prof. Ian Morison for his talks, The Fairmont Hotel for hosting this event (hopefully many more), St. Andrews University Students (must take them up on their offer to see their facilities), The Scouts & everyone else that turned up.
Thank you!
P.S. Must thank the weather for Tuesday night.

justanotherpete

Re: Fairmont Stargazing Live Event

Postby justanotherpete » 14 Jan 2013, 13:31

Just wanted to say thanks to Geoff for arranging it all; three really good nights of lectures from Professor Ian Morrison, two dark sky nights on Tuesday and Wednesday, lots of visitors from cub/scouts, St Andrews Uni, other clubs and the general public, plus offers to visit St Andrews Uni Observatory and to go back to the Fairmont for another dark sky night.
Thanks Geoff !!

Return to “Meetings”