Fairmont Hotel- A Big Thank You

Past and future meetings and observing sessions.
Cosmic

Fairmont Hotel- A Big Thank You

Postby Cosmic » 02 Apr 2012, 10:57

Hi All
Can I take this opportunity to say a big thank you to everyone who took part in the event and helped to make it a resounding success! The General Manager would like to pass on his personal thanks too!

Thank you to everyone who provided lifts to those without transport. The big screen TV was a very popular event and everyone said they could not believe the views of the lunar surface, it was outstanding and something we should consider for future outreach events.

I must apologise for the catering mix up as I was informed that food would be provided only to find it was 50% off menu prices on the day. I hope this did not prove too much of an inconvenience. We did receive a donation of £100.00 to the club and I paid out a donation to petrol to all those who provided lifts and the rest going to club funds.

I hope this has fired everyone up to make more of these events, I'm sure the Fairmont will ask us back again.

regards
Geoff
Meade 8inch  SCT. Observatory mounted on an HEQ5 Pro using EQMOD Canon 1000D modified DSLR,200mm Dobsonian, 200mm Celestron C8, 15x70 Astro Binoculars. 2x Mintron ccd cameras, lots of other stuff.

pbholmes

Re: Fairmont Hotel- A Big Thank You

Postby pbholmes » 02 Apr 2012, 19:14

Well, the biggest thank you of all goes to Geoff, who organized the whole event.
A great night!

Return to “Meetings”