Jupiter and the moon - first attempts

Post your pics here, or questions about how to take pictures.
longinthetooth

Jupiter and the moon - first attempts

Postby longinthetooth » 02 Mar 2013, 17:48

Hi folks - I've been having a look at some of the pics here - there are some good ones worth aspiring to.
I must try to get to the next meeting to see if I can get some hints on imaging and post processing! I've not managed along for some time now.
Now the scopes are permanently housed in a roll off roof shed (and the weather has been good) I don't have as many excuses for not getting out and getting on with it!
Here are two of my first attempts.
Both images taken with Philips spc900 webcam - I also have a Meade DSI3 one shot colour which I have great hopes for but have not been able to get working properly with the software as yet. (Nothing new there then!)

John B

Moonimage003.jpg
Moon through a Swift 77mm refractor - an avi about a minute long - about 500 frames ( taken using Astro capture software which I have found pretty basic - but free!) and stacked in Registax.
Moonimage003.jpg (51.1 KiB) Viewed 592 times
Attachments
jupiter 27_02_2013.png
Jupiter through a Meade LX200 classic 10" SCT - I used Sharpcap (which looks very promising) to get the images and Registax to stack them - around 6000 frames at 30 frames per second. Seeing was not great but I'm not unhappy with this image to start with.
jupiter 27_02_2013.png (36.48 KiB) Viewed 592 times
Altair Astro 102 EDT on Skywatcher AZEQ6GT pier mounted, Baader modded Canon 700D, 10" Meade LX200 deforked, Meade DSI3 OSC. Swift Model 831, Roll off roof observatory, plus loads of bits which may come in handy ...one day...

Opel star

Re: Jupiter and the moon - first attempts

Postby Opel star » 02 Mar 2013, 19:37

love the detail on the moon.
Nice dark swirls on jupiter. I've been struggling with jupiter myself!
looking forward to more pics.
Chris

Al_Rescha

Re: Jupiter and the moon - first attempts

Postby Al_Rescha » 17 Mar 2013, 22:21

Excellent pics!!

:)

Return to “Astrophotography”