Hi :)

Information for new members.
Jetamio

Hi :)

Postby Jetamio » 31 Dec 2006, 15:05

Hello :lol:

I just read the Dunfermline Press today and saw the link for here and thought I'd register. I live in Dunfermline, so not too far to travel. While I've had a general interest in astronomy, I had never heard of any clubs nearby so didn't persue it too far.
I did however, make a passing remark about having wanted a telescope since I was a kid to my grandparents, and so recieved a huge one for my Christmas 2 (or was it 3?) years ago - complete with intrustructions only in French with no pictures, I had only the picture on the front of the box to build it from :roll:
I still have it, but with moving twice, and lending it to someone while Mars was close, I think I have lost the lenses. Also due to the instructions being in rather advanced French (even my French teacher couldnt help me translate) I have no idea how to align it to view anything. I can see the moon through it, its big enough to point the telescope at it and stand a chance of being right :D

Maybe see you all on the 8th if I can find my way to the Bay Inn... I know where Tesco is, is it near there?

Jet

pbholmes

Welcome

Postby pbholmes » 31 Dec 2006, 16:49

Hi Jet,

Welcome to the club!

Do you know the make and model of your scope?
Maybe it might be possible to find instructions in English.

The Bay Inn is very near Tesco and shares the same car park.
See you there on the 8th.

Paul.

Solar B

Postby Solar B » 01 Jan 2007, 01:40

Jet
welcome on board , im sure we will be able to help you with
your scope
brian

Jetamio

Postby Jetamio » 01 Jan 2007, 20:35

Uhm, no idea on the make offhand, but it lives in the boot of my car as no room in my bedroom for it, so you can see it first hand if you want. And I'll hunt for the lenses for it, they can only be in my house, Abbeyview with the grandparents, or worse, Doncaster with my Mum...hmmm
I didn't make one yet...

orphan of the sky

Postby orphan of the sky » 02 Jan 2007, 14:50

Hi Jet,

A warm welcome from me too!!!!! Hope to meet you soon!

Orphan of the Sky.

Big Rod

Postby Big Rod » 04 Jan 2007, 22:02

Hi all,

Well, I got a telescope for Christmas and like Jetamio I don't know how to use it!! :roll:

I'll probably not be able to get to the meeting on the 8th due to work commitments, but I'll try for the 15th.

Who should I ask for instructions on how to use my 'scope? It's a Solus. Is that any good?

Cheers,

Rod.

pbholmes

Hi

Postby pbholmes » 04 Jan 2007, 23:22

Hi Big Rod,

Welcome aboard.

Hope to see you on the 15th!

Paul.

bhenderson50

Postby bhenderson50 » 04 Jan 2007, 23:45

Hi Big Rod, and welcome to the club. I had a look on the internet for Solus scopes, and found some information. Can you be more specific about what model you have got? I'm sure we can help you get the best out of it.
Cheers,
Bob
bobh

Big Rod

Postby Big Rod » 05 Jan 2007, 11:19

Thanks guys,

It's one of these...................(Click on the pic' for the link it's about halfway down the page.)

I did buy it second hand mind and it came with a tripod, (but that's broken), but it all seems present and correct according to the pictures.

What do you think? Should I go back to the drawing board?

bhenderson50

Postby bhenderson50 » 05 Jan 2007, 14:06

Looks like you have got yourself a fine scope there. The tripod will be necessary though, so if it is broken, we should have a look at it to see if it can be repaired. If not, you should probably look to procure a new one [or even better, an equatorial mount].
why don't you bring it along to the next meeting?
Bob
bobh

Return to “New members”